General diary entries


It’s been just over a month since I last posted anything.
I’ve had a bit of time away from social media. I’ve lurked a bit to keep up with things, but I have generally kept my mouth shut.

So, what’s been happening?
Not a lot really. Work has been going OK. It’s far from normal, but we won’t have normal for a long time yet, so better to just get used to it. Masks are now worn at all times. It’s draining and makes you really tired. Forget FULL PPE which consists of fit tested mask, goggles or visor, cap, shoe covers, full length long sleeved gown and gloves. The longest I’ve spent in this getup is 45 minutes and I nearly passed out!!
So imagine a 12.5 hour shift in a surgical mask and ask yourself, do I really have the right to complain if I’m asked to wear a mask for an hour or two when I go shopping? The answer is quite simple, no you don’t. So when the new government guideline comes into force next week, don’t be a dick, just wear your fucking mask!!

Anyway, I finally got a haircut! You have no idea what a relief that was.
I keep my hair VERY short and it was already due a cut as we went into lockdown back in March.

As you can see, I really needed it. It’s surprising what a lift a haircut can give you. I think it shows in my face.

I went to a friends birthday picnic down at the river last weekend and it was a wonderful afternoon. Great weather, fantastic friends, music, food and booze. What more could you ask for?

Unfortunately, I was kept awake that night by an annoying tickly cough. When I got up for work it seemed to have gone and I enjoyed my milky coffee and thought nothing of it, but as I got to work, the cough started again and I coughed my way through handover (in a mask) and then thought that it was probably a good idea if I got swabbed. So I was swabbed and sent home until I got the result.
This meant that me and everyone in my household had to also isolate until I got that result.
Poor Dharma lost a shift at work and me and Murron had to miss another friends socially distanced birthday gathering at a local pub on the Monday evening.
Thankfully the swab result was negative and I was back at work on Weds.

I’ve had the weekend off and went to yet another socially distanced gathering for another friends birthday last night. Didn’t get home until nearly 3 am! and slept in until 11 am. Cannot remember the last time I did that. It was a lovely evening, with lots of laughs and we simply just lost track of the time.

Image may contain: Micah Pates and Debbie Crawley
Mum and the birthday boy. Happy 21st Micah!

I have just two more 12.5 hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday this week and then I have three weeks of annual leave!! It was originally booked off so that I could enjoy the Olympics, but obviously things have changed.
We have hired a skip, that will be arriving on Wednesday, so that we can get a lot of clearing done. There’s a huge pile of general household rubbish that’s built up in the back garden as we’ve slowly been organising the house and garage during lockdown and we plan to do a lot of hacking back of the shrubs and trees in the front and back gardens.
There’s no way we could get all this to the tidy tip with the current limitations on visits because of COVID, so a skip made sense.
It just means that instead of putting my feet up and watching the Olympics, I will now be busting a gut and working.
Strangely enough, I’m actually really looking forward to it!!

I must remember to do before and after pictures.

Categories: General diary entries

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s